I have accumulated enough easy Nutella recipes on my Pinterest board that I thought it was now time to try my hand at something. So I found one very simple recipe and decided to give it a shot. It was easy enough but I had to fine tune the recipe a bit to suit our taste. And in the words of two people in this world – both of whom I hold in great esteem – “Everything tastes better with butter!”. The first person is Julia Child, who you all know and the other person is my eldest sister, Nigar Sami Amin. There isn’t a culinary disaster that my sister can’t fix without more butter! This one’s for you Fa. Thank you for everything!
I found the perfect opportunity to try out this Nutella recipe on a recent visit to my sister’s house whose kids are probably the biggest Nutella fans I know! We decided to bake some cupcakes and by we I mean myself and my lovely sous chef and niece, Naa’irah Amin. There are only two things Naa’irah loves to do more than anything else, mixing and baking, which is quite a handy combination! So I measured, she mixed, she lined the baking tray with cupcake cases, I poured the batter and together we baked 🙂
This is an easy enough recipe and quite fun to try with young kids. I measured out all the ingredients into one large mixing bowl and poured the batter directly into the cupcake cases so minimum mess and minimum washing up which is always a good thing! And Naa’irah had a lot of fun baking cupcakes with Nida! So did I! Why don’t you give it a try and share your experience with me. Happy baking everyone!
- 1 cup Nutella, softened
- 10 tbsp all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 large eggs
- 50gms unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius. In a large mixing bowl measure out a cup of Nutella. We weren’t very thorough cleaning out the cup because there quite a few people waiting to lick the cup. You understand! Make sure you take the Nutella out of the refrigerator about an hour before you start to make sure that the Nutella softens. Otherwise you’ll have a great upper arm workout trying to mix the ingredients.
- Add in the eggs, flour and butter and mix them together well. The batter is going to be runny but if it feels too tough add in a tablespoon of butter at a time. You should get a glossy and smooth batter that’s easy to spoon out.
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases and fill them about 2/3rds of the way up and place the tray on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out dry. I recommend turning the tray around after about 15 minutes as I find this helps the cupcakes rise and brown evenly.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the tray for 10 minutes and then carefully place them on a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled you can decorate the cupcakes with frosting, sprinkles or anything else your heart desires.
That’s it. These yummy cupcakes were a hit with my family. I baked them again at Eid celebrations and we had absolutely no leftovers 🙂 I hope you try it too with your little ones! Enjoy and do remember to share your experiences with me. Thanks!